ATTN: All Initia Nova clients
We have been continuously updating our policy as related to the current pandemic of COVID-19 to provide the safest level of care possible.
Everyone is feeling increased stress these days, but for those who had pre-existing depression, anxiety, substance abuse, PTSD or suicidal thoughts, the situation is significantly more severe. The services provided at Initia Nova are essential medical treatments for many of our patients and cannot simply be stopped. Therefore, we have committed to remaining open, but we are taking all necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus. First and foremost, if your condition is stable, and you and your treatment team feel that you CAN SAFELY postpone your treatment, please contact us to discuss as far in advance as possible of your next appointment. If your treatment CAN NOT SAFELY be postponed, we are taking the following precautions:
- All individual therapy, and ketamine assisted psychotherapy sessions will be done using telemedicine either through your laptop or phone. If you are doing KAP, please remember to bring your device fully charged or bring your charging cable.
- We can only allow patients to come to the office if they, and their close contacts, have had no recent symptoms of illness. If you or a close contact have had symptoms of any kind, please contact us immediately to discuss the specifics of your treatment plan.
- We will be checking temperatures on arrival, and if you have a fever your appointment will need to be postponed.
- We are asking that you do not bring family or friends into the office unless absolutely necessary. Please have them wait in the car to pick you up.
- When in the office, please follow social distancing rules whenever possible. All staff will wear a mask, and we ask patients to bring a mask or we will supply you with one to wear while in the office.
- We are disinfecting all surfaces frequently, and ask everyone to wash their hands thoroughly (for 20 seconds) on arrival and upon leaving the office.
We understand that for many of our patients, suspending your treatment can significantly interfere with your ability to function, and be life threatening to some. Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to keep your treatment as regular as possible while taking all necessary precautions. Please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.
John Dougherty D.O.