What is NAD+?
NAD+ stands for Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide. It is an essential molecule found in every cell of our body; a coenzyme of Vitamin B3 (niacin). NAD+ participates in more reactions than any other vitamin-derived molecule, and is basically the building block of a healthy body. Our internal organs, brain and neurological systems need NAD+ to function at optimal efficiency.
Why is NAD+ vital to our body?
Scientists have shown that NAD+ significantly decreases as we age, so it’s beneficial to replenish NAD+ levels so our body can function at optimal levels. But our NAD+ levels also decline for many other reasons such as stress, chronic illness, depression, and addiction. Trying to heal and recover from these conditions can be aided by NAD+ therapy. See this article about NAD+ and aging from Harvard Rewinding the Clock. NAD+ is involved in these roles throughout the body:
1. Energy production (ATP): NAD+ helps your cells convert food into energy by acting as an electron transporter during cell metabolism.
2. DNA repair: A constant supply of NAD+ is needed for the activation of PARPs, which detect and repair damaged DNA.
3. Gene expression: Your body has a class of proteins called sirtuins that help regulate certain metabolic pathways and genetic expressions. Sirtuins are NAD-dependent and the more sirtuin activity, the better for health and longevity. Increased sirtuin activity can help increase metabolism, decrease inflammation, extend cell life, and prevent neurodegeneration.
4. Cell signaling: NAD+ is also released from the intercellular space to the extracellular space for communication. Research is revealing that NAD and ATP may alert the immune response when the cell is under stress or when there is inflammation.
5. Neurotransmitter: Although more research still needs to be conducted, in some instances, NAD+ meets the pre- and postsynaptic criteria for a neurotransmitter. NAD+ is released from smooth muscle, neurosecretory cells, and brain synaptosomes for cell-to-cell communication.
6. Enzyme activity: NAD+ and NADH are used in processes such as metabolizing alcohol and converting lactate to pyruvate in the body.
When you are deficient in NAD+, your cells are not able to produce sufficient amounts of energy, which is needed to repair DNA and other essential regenerative processes. A significant increase in NAD+ levels helps to restore brain functionality and body performance. As a result, patients have experienced increased clarity of mind, better problem-solving ability, improved focus and concentration, increased energy, improvement in mood, decreased anxiety levels, and reduced cravings for alcohol and other substances. This revolutionary alternative treatment helps to heal brain-destroying diseases such as alcoholism, addiction, chronic stress, depression, anxiety, and some neurodegenerative diseases.
What is NAD+ Therapy?
NAD+ Therapy involves a high dose intravenous infusion of NAD+ that goes straight into the bloodstream. IV therapy allows NAD+ to bypass the digestive system for better absorption. NAD+ works rapidly to repair cells throughout the body and neurons in the brain. When your NAD+ levels are increased, your cells produce more energy, your good genes are “turned on”, DNA is repaired, and many other functions are optimized. Since NAD+ is such a powerful and prolific molecule in the body, high dose IV therapy can be helpful for many different conditions including:
- Substance abuse and Addiction
- Stress and Anxiety
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy and Traumatic Brian Injury
- Post Concussive Headaches
Research of NAD+ also shows promise for therapy of sleep disorders and behavioral disorders such as autism.
At the end of treatment with NAD+ therapy, clients have generally reported the following benefits:
- Increased energy
- Improved mood
- Increased mental clarity
- Increased focus and concentration
- Improved memory
- Decreased pain
- Improved eyesight and hearing
- Enhanced sense of purpose
- Reduced cravings of substances
- Minimal to no withdrawal symptoms during treatment
If you are experiencing any of the disorders mentioned above and they are interfering with your life and not responding to traditional treatments, then this revolutionary treatment may be right for you. Please note that some practices claim to provide NAD therapy, but it is of a much lesser quality than is provided at Initia Nova. We use only high quality NAD from Archway Apothecary, which has a purity of over 99%, whereas others often provide NAD of about 60% purity or less. If you receive NAD elsewhere, make sure to ask for a certificate of analysis from the pharmacy.
Dr. Sullivan received his NAD+ training and certification from the Springfield Wellness Center
Email Dr Sullivan for a free phone consultation to see if this is a worthwhile investment in yourself to regain control over your life, and improve your brain and body performance.
Cost of NAD+ Therapy:
NAD+ therapy is included in some programs at Initia Nova such as our comprehensive depression, alcohol, opiate and post concussion headache programs. Additionally NAD+ can be added to any program for $400 per 500 mg of NAD+.
General Health and Wellness Program: $1450: 4 infusion days of 500 mg of NAD+
*Disclaimer – NAD+ qualifies as a supplement under FDA guidelines. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Intravenous NAD+ therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.